Feel the thrill of Texas suburban living in this City situated in Northern Galveston and Southern Harris Counties. Friendswood is a community of about 38,000 people who take pride in preserving traditional values in a progressive environment.
What used to be a farming community is now a 21.2 square mile City filled with beautiful homes, parks and establishments.
The City boasts quality education and high-income jobs with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The hardworking, simple and respectful way of life in Friendswood shows how much promise this place and its residents have to offer.
Founded in 1895, the City used to be just a lush forest of shrubbery and trees. Now, gorgeous residential areas have blossomed in the City. The area is filled with multi-bedroom single-detached homes and cozy apartments.
Many of the spacious and safe communities in Friendswood are far from the City’s more crowded areas. Each neighborhood offers homes of various architectural styles.
There are houses inspired by Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, as well as Minimal Traditional and Modern abodes. There’s plenty of new construction as well as older homes. Residences are surrounded by fun parks and trails, quality schools, peaceful churches and cultural sites.
Interestingly enough, the City’s median household income, house value, and number of rooms per house are all above state average.
- The City got its name from its founders: the religious sect Friends, otherwise known as Quakers. This group became part of the many westward expansions in the US during the 1800s.
- The people of Friendswood experience hot, humid summers from the last week of May to the last week of September. Come late November and February, the City faces the cooler times of the year.
- Friendswood has a total of 8 city parks, with 2 county parks nearby and 232 acres of greeneries and nature trails.
- Most of the City’s residents work in executive, managerial or professional positions.
- High-quality education is provided by two of the best school districts in the state: Friendswood ISD and Clear Creek ISD.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.